Blog # 46 February 16, 2018
ONE PLUS GOD ALWAYS MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Judges chapter 6 records one of the most amazing happenings in the history of mankind. It is the story of Gideon. He is one of my favorite personalities in all of God’s Word. The author of Judges, who is unknown, tells us Gideon was the least in his father’s house. As the incredible story in Judges unfolds, God is calling Gideon to save Israel from the oppression of the Midianites. God is saying to Gideon, “I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man.”
Nowhere in the Word of God can we find a better basis to prove the value of one plus God. Gideon’s sword plus the sword of God...Gideon plus God...one plus God. What an army! It is just another way of saying, if God be for us, who can be against us! One plus God makes the difference in any situation or circumstance!
The value of one is illustrated in the Bible. Noah was just one, but his life was an unmuddied stream in an ocean of iniquity. Joseph was just one, but he brought deliverance to a world in a great famine. Moses was just one, but with his rod seas divided and a nation was born in one night. Paul was just one, but he rocked the old world with the message of Jesus Christ. It is a fact, one plus God has always made the difference through the centuries of time! Gideon plus God...You plus God. What a team!
As an old man walked the beach at dawn, he noticed a young man ahead of him picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Finally catching up with the youth, he asked why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun. “But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish,” the old man countered. “How can your effort make any difference?” The young man looked at the starfish in his hand and then threw it to safety in the waves. “It makes a difference to this one,” he said.
You plus God will always make a difference in your life! You have the opportunity to prove it.
Blog # 46 February 16, 2018
KEEP PUTTING ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!
(Part 2 of Spiritual Vitamin Pills)
Life is full of challenges. Often we get down in the dumps! But, it’s time to get up. Shake off defeat and pessimism! You can make it. So can I. God provided everything we need to make it...to thrive...and to live abundantly. So, now get up! God is good all the time.
1. Let’s begin by giving Thanks. Ps. 106:1 says, “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.” Realizing our blessings, goes a long way to joy. If you want joy, real joy, get on God’s glory train!!!
2. Live, Laugh, Love. Enjoy the day. Sing praises. God inhabits the praise of His people. John 10:10 says, “I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly.”
3. Think on this. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
4. How about this powerful Word? “My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
5. Ok now, no excuses! His Word says, “Call unto me and I WILL answer and show you great and mighty things." WOW! What more do you need?
6. “Lead us (me) not into temptation, but deliver us (me) from evil.”
7. “Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you.” Oh my! Oh my!
8. “If you can believe, all things are possible.” Hey, rejoice! We can climb every mountain! Nothing is impossible when you put your trust in God.
9. “Be strong and courageous,” Joshua 1:6,7, & 9 state clearly.
10. Pray every day. Phil. 4:6 says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Remember always, thanks is a good thing.
Hopefully, these 10 “pick me ups” have gotten you moving to a brighter day, a happier time, a productive season and a successful victory over your enemy. There are 2 things I know:
1. Jesus does not want us down and out (Why are you downcast?) and
2. We do not want to be downcast. It’s a lot more enjoyable, productive, and influential to live in the sunshine.
I’m getting up! How about you?